Story of Haus Biele
Haus Biele wurde mit Fertigstellung im Herbst 2003 zu einen soziokulturellen Zentrum umgebaut. Hier befindet sich nunmehr das Bürgerbüro der Gemeinde Lippetal, indem u.a. auch Bus- und Zugfahrkarten der RLG gekauft werden können sowie Räumlichkeiten für die örtlichen Vereine und für die Musik- und Kunstschule.
"House Biele" (translated by Google Translate)
The half-timbered house "Haus Biele" is located next to the town hall of the municipality of Lippetal. The building was identified as a monument in the early 1980s when potential monuments were surveyed in the municipality of Lippetal. The final entry in the list of monuments took place on April 8th, 1999.
The core building is a monument, a half-timbered building from around 1800, which makes a significant contribution to the formation of the town center in Hovestadt. Components of the monument are a short piece of historical property enclosures with brick pillars in the southern courtyard and a linden tree in the former café garden.
It is a half-timbered building with a half-timbered structure, oriented towards the main street, under a half-hipped roof with storey timbered eaves walls and storey timbered gable walls; The building has typical construction and design details of the time, namely no decorative carvings, stiffening of foot braces, axial façade structure. Characteristic are the transverse access of the building as well as the installation of an upchamber in the right, western part of the house.
The Dutchman Friedrich-Karl Biele built the house in 1770. At first it was purely an agricultural business. The great-grandfather founded a corn distillery in 1804. A little later he opened a small tavern. The long-time residents met here every evening. The business passed from the great-grandfather to the grandfather and father. The affiliated farmstead with grain distillery was located in the area of the current municipal administration.
The building was privately owned until the mid-1990s. A restaurant was last run in it. After the restaurant was closed, the house was bought in 1995 by the municipality of Lippetal. The community has since used the house to accommodate emigrants and asylum seekers.
Haus Biele was converted into a socio-cultural center when it was completed in autumn 2003. The citizens' office of the municipality of Lippetal is now located here, where, among other things, bus and train tickets for the RLG can be bought, as well as premises for the local clubs and for the music and art school.